Friday, September 19, 2008

"Holy Cow!"

Luke's glasses arrived yesterday. I guess the moment had been subconsciously built up in my mind to the point I honestly expected newly bespecled Luke to promptly turn to me and say:
"Thank you Mother, for your love and support. Because of that I can now see. You are the best mother ever and I love you."

The actual version of the scenario turned out slightly different:
I placed the glasses on his head at the eye doctor office.
Luke promptly ripped them off, threw them onto the floor and slapped me across the face.

So that pretty much sums up Luke's feelings regarding his glasses most of yesterday. I think I put them back on his face 100 times before Matt got home. Thankfully, Daddy proved to be a wonderful distraction and I think Luke really loved just to looking at his face (clearly!) Luke kept his glasses on from when Matt got home (about 6:30pm) until bedtime.

The 5 seconds he kept them on in the eye doctor parking lot.

Daddy is home so OF COURSE we are a little angel!


Checking everyone out. And the dogs hard at work.


Wrestling with Daddy. Luke always wins.

Have we met?

SIDE NOTE: The blog title is a little shout-out to the legendary baseball announcer Harry Caray whose amazing sense of style in eye wear Luke is now copying. Thank you Harry, for paving the way in plastic, over sized frames.

No comments: