Friday, March 27, 2009

"Happy.. Burday.. Grandbo- Yeaaahhhh! CLAP."

Today is not Grandbo's birthday but if you ask Luke if today is HIS birthday he replies "No" followed by the above phrase. The command to "CLAP" and all.

I made the mistake of teaching him that when it was Grandma Stephanie's birthday in February and it stuck. So, today we celebrate Luke's 2nd birthday with a little shout out to the grandmas as well.

Our little guy is 2 years old today. It hardly seems possible. I cannot believe that our little miracle, who couldn't even sit up by himself (unless propped up against something) this time last year, is now not only sitting up (by himself from laying to sitting) but scooting EVERYWHERE and demanding assistance in standing. And by "demanding" I mean 100% words- "Stand! Oh, stand please!" So sweet of him to throw in the "please" (he also adds "Oh" to a lot of words because he gets so excited- I'm now "Oh Mommy.") We say this often but it seems appropriate to repeat today- we could never be more proud of our sweet, patient boy. The strong-willed, extensive-vocabulary-ed, booty-scooting handful that he is. Just looking at him continues to make my heart joyously ache and his smile just takes my breath away.

And now, for your tear-inducing pleasure (Jim Hersom- I am talking to you) here's a succinct photo collection of March 27th over the past TWO years.





Luke's birthday party will be next Saturday (April 4th) with our immediate family and some local friends. Our niece Maggie's 7th birthday is tomorrow so we didn't want to celebrate Luke on Maggie's special day.

Thank you to all our friends and family for your continued love and support. Raising any child is an adventure but Luke definitely poses some different challenges. Matt and I couldn't continue to thrive as his parents without a strong support system that of which has been unwavering since March 27, 2007. We love you all.

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY LUKE!!

1 comment:

gailandh said...

Luke
You are a very special young man and an inspiration to me! I told you not long after you were born that God had a special plan for you and I believe that even more today. I love you and am so very proud of you.
Love Papa