Thursday, June 4, 2009

With Good Reason.

It just occurred to me that it's been almost a month since I've posted anything- bad mommy. But I feel I have good reason. We've been exceedingly busy. Check out this brief video:



So between the now RAPID forward movement and the desire to be UPRIGHT whenever possible- our life has been taken over by a very, very demanding little boy. We have the typical 2 year old behavior (he asks once and then melts down when we decline his request ) mixed with Luke's militant orders. Here's a typical daily occurrence:

Mom sits down at the computer to do a blog post. Luke quickly scoots in the office.

Luke: "Mommy doot-ing?" (doing)

Mom: "Mommy is going to work on the computer"

Luke: "Pick up PLEASE."

Mom: "Not right now, Luke."

Luke: "Mommy check email PLEASE."

Mom: "In a little bit."

Luke: "Sit down lap PLEASE."

This type of dialog continues for a couple of minutes until Luke doesn't get his way and proceeds to have a complete crying meltdown. Therefore my computer time during the day is highly limited.

This also happens when I'm on the phone.

Needless to say, I'm posting this at midnight because our little angel is in bed. I promise to soon post lots of cute pictures from last month but until then a parting picture:

Pudding anyone?

And a little celebration- LUKE IS PULLING HIMSELF UP TO STAND ALL BY HIMSELF!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR HIM AND HE CAN'T BE MORE PROUD OF HIMSELF!! He did it for the first time on May 15th and we're just so happy that he finally hit that huge milestone. We didn't get it on video (he was very sneaky about it- Matt looked over and there he stood at the coffee table!) but the video is an accurate re-creation of the moment. I'm willing to guess he was going for the remote control then too...

2 comments:

Kelci said...

Holy crap! I can't believe how fast he did that. I'm totally stopping by your house announced in a few weeks so I can it completely trashed by a typical mobile two year old. Welcome to the club:)

Megan Perhach said...

I was sooo excited to see the video!! Shannon called me the other day and gave me the update that Luke it cruising the coffee table! I'm glad to see and hear how well he is doing. I really miss working with you guys!!
Megan