Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Train.

I forgot to post these pictures leading up to Christmas so I have to do it now. Matt and I decided it was time the Henard family had a Christmas tree train so we got a very nice Polar Express version from Lionel Trains. While Luke and I were in San Jose the beginning of December, Matt worked like crazy to get the train up around the tree for which he had to build the entire elevated track.

I was totally amazed when I got home (sometimes I forget how creative my husband is!) and Luke was... completely freaked out. We heard "Maybe we can be all done with the train" about 20 times that week because Matt kept trying to gently introduce it to him. I'm guessing he didn't like the noise and he's just not a fan of things he's not familiar with.
After that initial week, Luke warmed up. He liked being allowed to control it (go figure) so as long as he could start and stop it all will (with Daddy's supervision of course) he was totally into it.

The pictures don't do the track justice but believe me- Matt did a great job. He also made it completely in sections so it stored easily and will be a snap to put together next year. Nice job Daddy!

Luke had to lay on his stomach just like Daddy.


Trying to figure it out through the Christmas gift tunnel.

No comments: