Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Be Right Back.

Tomorrow afternoon, Matt and I are leaving for Carmel to celebrate the marriage of Stephanie & Kevin on Friday. Saturday we'll be heading up to San Jose for the night and then will drive back home to SLO on Sunday. Luke will be staying in SLO with Matt's parents, Papa & Grandma Chrissy.

This will be the very first time (since Luke's been home) that Matt and I have left Luke overnight without one of us being with him. I'm so excited for us to enjoy some "grown-up time" but my heart is already breaking- how am I going to wake up in the morning and not be greeted by my sweet little man's toothy grin and whispered "yeah" when asked if he's ready to get up and greet the day? Papa & Grandma Chrissy will do a fabulous job (and Luke loves a captive audience!) but it makes me remember the pain of leaving him "alone" in the NICU nightly for 5 weeks last year.

Not wanting to end on a depressing note (seriously- I'm VERY excited to be going to this wedding!) Here's a random adorable picture of our adorable son doing something adorable.

Oldie but a goodie- Uncle Brad & Luke on Christmas Day 2007. This look/pose ensured that Luke will NEVER be on Santa's Bad list.

No comments: