Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day Goodness.

Mother's Day was wonderful and so vastly different from my first one. Last year we had a anemic newborn, just a week out of the hospital, who refused to eat because he was anemic but we didn't know that at the time... M.D. '08 blessed me with a smilely, well-fed, increasingly chatty 1 year old. Luke is so so sweet but as Matt put it very succintly at dinner "hell-bent on wrecking shop." Our darling little Luke, while still tremendously good natured, is like most typical 1 year olds-he wants to touch/poke/bite EVERYTHING. No utensil, table-top or wall was safe during our Mother's Day feast.

Mommy & Daddy had sandwiches. Luke had wood with a side of plastic table cloth.


Mommy's dessert- Luke kisses.

Earlier in the day, Matt set me all up to plant some veggies in my new little garden. He did all the grunt work and I got to pick out the plants, dig the little holes and stick them in there. I'm a farmer now.Cucumber, Bell Pepper, Eggplant & Cherry Tomatoes- Yum.



I'm not sure what prompted Luke to look so blissfully happy in the this picture. The moment was just so sweet I had to share.

And I never thought it would happen but it did. Lola's Mother's Day gift to me- a picture with her "brother" (notice the left hand looking ready to stike!)

I hope all the moms out there were treated as well as my boys (and Lola!) treated me!

No comments: