Sunday, August 30, 2009

A DJ Lance Trance.

Like any good male, Luke LOVES any and all things technology. His biggest obsession is our universal remote. He's is totally over fake remotes (either kid-centric ones like his Sesame Street fakie or an old remote that controls nothing) and is completely consumed with snatching the real remote. His loves nothing more then to stand at the coffee table, remote in hand, completely consumed in setting up the DVR to record whatever channel he lands on. We get a lot of random recordings yet Luke didn't really WATCH TV. Until recently.

Luke has discovered "Yo Gabba Gabba." It's a silly preschool show on the Noggin channel that features "DJ Lance" as the host and 5 characters with names like Brobee ("The little green one!") I honestly don't mind it- it's sort of hip (Jack Black has guest starred) and it teaches sweet, simple little songs with meaning. One of the characters was singing about being "so happy" and Luke called out to me "Mommy! I SO HAPPY! I SO HAPPY!" I promptly attacked and covered him in kisses.

And Luke seems to be actually watching it (big on the vision front) and is starting to understand what the characters are doing and some of the lessons they are trying to teach. I guess that's best case scenario if you're going to let your 2 year old watch TV.

I told him to not touch it. So he just gazed longingly at it. Self control at its finest.

Luke likes to pretend to drink my coffee. This is the end of "Yo Gabba" (he omits one "Gabba".)

Strike a pose.

Glorious Bed Head.

No comments: