Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Boy and His Very Small, Sissy Dog.

Luke is terrified of all dogs except ours (and maybe my parents dogs who are my dogs siblings). And he's not only not scared of ours but loves to throw their ball for them, harass and boss them around. Go figure.

Actually, I know the fear is probably because of his poor vision and that he knows what to expect of Lola and Rocco whereas other dogs are strangers and he doesn't trust them. Fair enough. I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

So my newest our dogs/Luke struggle (usually it's just "Luke- don't push Rocco" or "Luke- stop throwing the ball directly AT Lola") is he wants to sleep with Lola at nap time. While this is very cute, Lola usually uses Luke's nap time to do anything but sleep (freedom from the ball-throwing 3 year old!) so it's not an option. But Luke and I discuss/debate this in depth daily. And Lola makes matters worse by coming up on his bed and looking so sweet... I actually gave in the other day but then Lola BOLTED out of the room the moment I started to close Luke's door. Smart girl.

Very cute. Who could say no?

Who can resist this sweet little face? 8 years old and Lola still looks and acts like my feisty puppy.

Rocco on the floor in front of Luke's bed. Probably trying to figure out where the nearest bridge is so he can throw himself off of it (Rocco is VERY needy and cannot be left out). He's just a cuddly teddy bear of a dog.

I was informed that I had to take a picture of "just my face."

I can only imagine how nuts things are going to be when baby shows up in February (c-section scheduled for February 22 at 12:30pm!) We're so fortunate in that the dogs are very low maintenance (no shedding, don't require lots of walking, super sweet and loving) but still- they want a piece of mommy whenever they see I've got a free lap. Hard to believe I'm going to have 4 "babies"!

No comments: