Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Year Already?

It recently occurred to me that it has been a year this month since I began chronicling "The Life of Luke." To commemorate the occasion, I did a little photo shoot on our front steps like the pictures in the first posting last February. I've even included one from last year to compare. I CANNOT believe that the baby from last year is our little boy today. Time truly does fly.



If you look back at the posting from February '08, you'll see there is a picture of Rocco "kissing" Luke's toes. Well, Rocco doesn't kiss Luke's toes anymore. Not when there is an adorably tasty face now eye level.

Rocco is NOT known for his minty fresh breath... sorry kid.


And then he strikes.

Luke has become very aware of the camera and will smile on command and say "pick-tours" when I'm in his face snapping away. But being the social, good-natured child that he is, he is perfectly willing to ham it up if it makes mommy happy.

His signature pose. I guess it we could call it "Catching Flies"?

We often count with/to Luke and recite the alphabet. I'm pretty sure he has no clue what we're talking about but he's very good at mimicking our words so he jabbers away. He just recently started trying to copy our hand movements when we count to five on our fingers.

Looks like "1" but he just likes alternating wiggling his fingers up and down.

Possibly "2"?

I had to include this picture because this kid is just too darn photogenic. While he was in the NICU as a newborn, the nurses would always gush about how beautiful his mouth and lips are. I had more then one nurse compare him to Angelina Jolie. This picture just reminds me of that. We did good Matt!

"Lukie Jolie" -Neighbor Amy

On Monday, Luke, Matt and I are headed up to South Lake Tahoe for our first real family vacation. Luke has never been to the snow so it should be quite interesting and make for either some fabulous pictures or pictures of him screaming. I've already predicted that he will proclaim the snow to be "hot" upon touching it since that's the only change in temperature that he's grasped so far. We're looking forward to a relaxing, hot chocolate/coffee-filled time!

1 comment:

By Bethanni Hoffman said...

I love your blog updates! At least we can kind of keep in touch this way:) Let's get together soon.