Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Wheels on the Bus...

Because of Luke's special needs, taking the bus to and from school has been available to him since he started school last spring. I could not even fathom putting my sweet baby boy on a bus all by himself then but as he's gotten older and is craving more independence (not to mention he loves watching the buses come and go at school) Matt and I finally decided it was time. So Luke now takes the bus to school all three days he goes, getting on at 7:13am on the corner by our house (I walk him) and then home again two of those days.

I made sure to get a few pictures the morning of Day 1. Zero tears and lots of smiles. And no problems so far either going or coming home!

Bus Driver Kristin getting Luke all buckled in!

He's stoked and ready to go!

Such a big boy with his backback.

Still breaks my heart every time he rides away. But it's good for him and he likes it! That's my mantra as I walk back up the street...

1 comment:

Steph said...

oh my gosh -- that is so wonderful! good for you, big boy luke!!!! and then do you go home and cry a bit knowing your baby is getting so big that he rides the bus on his own?! (that's what i would do! sob, sob, sighhhhh)